As a Standard Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services (AWS), All About The Data (AATD) can demonstrate the necessary technical skills and expertise to design, deploy and operate application and infrastructure on AWS. By being a Standard Consulting Partner, we have resources with the necessary credentials to provide architectural and technical direction in the selection and implementation of the appropriate cloud solutions. AATD also has the ability to help agencies transition to the cloud in a seamless and cost-efficient fashion for all potential customers.
Benefits of Leveraging the AWS Cloud
- Easy to use– AWS is designed to allow applications providers and vendors to quickly and securely host your application(s).
- Flexible– AWS allows a customer to select what operating system, programming language, and web application platform they’ll need to successfully deploy their solution.
- Cost Effective – You pay only for the compute power, storage and other resources you use, with no long-term contracts or up-front commitments.
- Scalability– With Auto Scaling your application can scale up or down based on the demand.
- Secure – AWS utilizes an end to end approach to secure and harden the infrastructure, by including physical, operational and software measures.
Compute & Networking
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute in the cloud.
- Allows users to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction
- Provides users with complete control of computing resources
- Reduces time required to obtain and boot new server instances (within minutes)
- Is highly scalable and can be configured to auto-scale as workload requirements grow or shrink.
AWS Lambda lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers.
- Can run code for virtually any type of application or backend services with zero administration.
- Lambda takes care of everything required to run and scale code with high availability
- You can set up your code to automatically trigger from other AWS services or call it directly from any web or mobile app.
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a private, isolated section of the AWS Cloud where AWS resources can be launched in a virtual network defined by the user.
- Gives users complete control over their virtual networking environment
- Allows users to select their own IP address range, create subnets and configure route tables and network gateways
- Provides the ability to create a connection between an agency’s corporate data center and VPC to leverage the AWS Cloud as an extension of the corporate data center.
Deployment & Management
Amazon CloudWatch provides monitoring for AWS cloud resources and applications
- Easily collect and store logs from your resources, application, and services in real time.
- Built-in metrics from distributed applications (such as those built using microservices architectures) is time-consuming
- Collect custom metrics from your own applications to monitor operational performance, troubleshoot issues and spot trends.
- Unified operational view with dashboards enable you to create re-usable graphs and visualize your cloud resources and applications in a unified view.
- High-resolution alarms allow you to set a threshold on metrics and trigger action.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk is for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Supports web applications written in many popular languages and frameworks
- It requires no or minimal code changes to go from the development machine to cloud.
- Beanstalk collects 40+ key metrics and attributes to determine the health of your applications.
- You are able to leverage Elastic Load Balancing and Autoscaling to automictically scale your application
Storage & Content Delivery
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is a highly durable and available data storage infrastructure that allows users to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time on the web.
- Allows users to write, read and delete objects containing 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data
- Provides unlimited storage of objects and flexible options for managing data
- Includes authentication mechanisms for ensuring data is kept secure from unauthorized access.
Amazon S3 Standard- Infrequent Access (S3 Standard-IA) is an Amazon S3 storage class for data that is accessed less frequently but requires rapid access when needed.
- This offers the high durability, throughput and low latency of the Amazon S3 Standard storage class.
Amazon Glacier is a low-cost storage service for data archiving and backup
- Is optimized for data that is infrequently accessed
- Allows users to reliably store data of any size for as little 0.01/GB per month
- Requires zero upfront cost.